Eliza Yee Lai Cheung – Technical Advisor, Asia Pacific
Tasks and duties:
- Supports National Societies in Asia Pacific in their implementation of psychosocial programmes (organizational development)
- Capacity building of National Societies in order for them to include psychosocial support in existing programmes
- Coordination, planning and facilitating trainings
- Development of training material, as well as guidelines on psychosocial support
- Psychosocial Support in Emergencies (psychosocial component for Emergency Response Unit)
- Guidance on assessments, monitoring and evaluations of psychosocial support programmes
Background and experience:
- Currently also serves as a clinical psychologist in Hong Kong Red Cross.
- She completed the professional training in clinical psychology and obtained her Doctor of Philosophy degree in Public Health, specializing in disaster mental health and psychological first aid for her clinical practice, field work, and research.
- Had experience in the Red Cross movement and other academic institutes in coordinating emergency mental health and psychosocial response and preparedness programmes in Hong Kong, Liberia, Nepal, Bhutan, Singapore, and various provinces of China, in response to earthquakes, floods, Ebola outbreak, various forms of urban disasters and emergencies.
- Eliza Cheung’s position at the PS Centre is kindly supported by Hong Kong Red Cross.