The 2017 Annual Meeting of the Red Cross Red Crescent Research Network on MHPSS will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark, on 22-23 November 2017. The annual meeting brings together practitioners and researchers involved in MHPSS research from the Movement and allows them to share their research findings and exploring the potential for future research partnerships. The format will be a combination of key note speakers, workshops, research presentations and group discussions.
This year’s annual meeting has three key themes:
- Mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of refugees, migrants and asylum seekers
- Caring for volunteers: mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of humanitarian staff and volunteers
- Sociocultural perspectives on mental health and psychosocial support interventions
Speakers at the meeting include
- Wietse Tol, Johns Hopkins University, United States
- Petter Tinghög, Karolinska Insituttet, Sweden
- Helena Bakic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Philip Hyland, National College of Ireland
- Martha Bird, PS Centre, Denmark
- Pernille Hansen, PS Centre, Denmark
- Camila Perera, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Ferdinand Garoff, University of Tampere, Finland
- Sigridur B. Thormar, Icelandic Red Cross, Reykjavik University, Iceland
- Ruth Mufalali, South African Red Cross Society, South Africa
- Kinan Aldamman, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Frédérique Valliéres, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
The full Annual Meeting Programme can be viewed here
There are a few remaining places at the meeting. If you are interested in participating in the meeting, please express your interest by registrering here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15ofE-zBUT56oH9nGRaWT0Uyl_D9Ocb6sIfrLanwhx68/viewform?edit_requested=true
Please note that the following conditions apply:
- The PS Centre is NOT able to assist with visa applications, practical or financial support for participants’ accommodation or travel.
- There are limited spaces available, and participants with research experience and affiliation with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement are given priority.
- Questions can be directed to Network Coordinator Cecilie Dinesen, firstname.lastname@example.org