Psychosocial Support Technical Advisor
Strong mental health and psychosocial support advisor with field experience, preferably from the MENA region. Prerequisite: Fluency in Arabic and English spoken and written language. The position will have a focus on capacity building, caring for volunteers programming and life skills as an entry point to psychosocial programmes.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Primarily focus on capacity building of and with Yemeni Red Crescent National Society with regular travels and stays in the region
- Plan and carry out regional and global trainings and facilitate capacity building activities
- Provide technical assistance and act as a knowledge broker in the areas of programme design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation in the field of psychosocial support
- Carry out assessments of RC volunteers and beneficiaries’ psychosocial needs, produce questionnaires and contribute to monitoring and evaluations in regard to crisis management and community-based psychosocial support
- Develop generic manuals and guidelines on psychosocial support topics
- Develop and adapt tools, primarily Caring for volunteers and Life skills for the local context of Yemeni Red Crescent National Society
- Contribute to quality assurance of Arabic translations and tools in Arabic
Please note that we only accept applications submitted through the online system, and that the deadline is 28 June at 18:00 UTC 2017.