Corona virus quarantine and psychosocial support webinar
COVID19 PSS Webinar – Part 1. You will find the COVID19 PSS Webinar – Part 2 at the bottom of this article.
Mental health and psychosocial support are vital in a corona (COVID-19) response. The webinar on the current Corona Virus 19 was held on 2 March 2020. Learn best practices and experiences from the IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support, Hong Kong Red Cross, Japanese Red Cross Society and Canadian Red Cross in relation to the current corona outbreak.
At the webinar it was discussed what role National Societies have in the provision of psychosocial support in quarantine situations. Lessons learned were shared from National Societies who are currently responding to the outbreak, and guidance from the IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support. Please, find the full agenda below.
Please find slides from the 1 – COVID-19 PSS Response Webinar via this link.
Agenda: COVID-19 Quarantine and Psychosocial Support Webinar:
- Welcome and introduction
- Hong Kong Red Cross MHPSS responses during COVID-19 – Eliza Cheung, PSS Services, technical advisor, Hong Kong Red Cross and IFRC PS Centre
- Japanese Red Cross Society’s Cruise Ship Operation – Musubi Yata, Officer, International Relief Division, Japanese Red Cross Society
- Canadian Red Cross MHPSS responses to those in quarantine – Nelson Sanz-Cadena, PSS Senior Manager for Domestic Emergency Operations, Canadian Red Cross
- MHPSS considerations and recommendations for National Societies’ interventions for different target groups – IFRC PS Centre, Ea Suzanne Akasha, technical adviser
- Discussion and Wrap Up
- Eliza Cheung, PSS Service, Hong Kong Red Cross, Technical Advisor, IFRC PS Centre
- Musubi Yata, Officer, International Relief Division, Japan Red Cross Society
- Sarah Sargent, Vice President, Programs Canadian Operations, Canadian Red Cross
- Esmé Lanktree, Health Advisor, International Operations Canadian Red Cross
- Ea Suzanne Akasha, technical adviser, IFRC PS Centre
Find related MHPSS corona guidance material here
COVID19 PSS Webinar – Part 2