Co-hosted by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Danish Red Cross, the inaugural conference “A Human Right Left Behind: A Nordic Conference on MHPSS in Fragile and Humanitarian Settings” will take place on 29 and 30 August 2022, in Copenhagen.
The conference aims to solidify Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) as a priority concern in all humanitarian response and address urgent needs to increase access to quality MHPSS.
Recognizing the need for meaningful, collaborative approaches and solidarity in MHPSS, the PS Centre contributed to devising the plans for the conference as part of a Steering Committee that includes the IFRC PS Centre for Psychosocial Support, Danish Red Cross, International Children’s Development Program Norway, MHPSS Collaborative, Save the Children Denmark and
War Child Sweden.
The conference marks the beginning of a process and movement of joint strategies and collaborative action between multilevel MHPSS stakeholders.
1) Localizing and strengthening MHPSS systems
2) Direct MHPSS interventions
3) Child-, youth-, and caregiver-focused MHPSS
4) Cross-sectoral integration/coordination mechanisms
5) Innovative approaches
1) Nordic Network on MHPSS Launch
2) 2022-2030 Joint Nordic Roadmap on MHPSS in Humanitarian Settings
3) Copenhagen Declaration on Prioritizing MHPSS in Humanitarian Action
Date and time
Monday, 29 August – 9:00 am to 17:30 pm
Tuesday, 30 August – 9:00 am to 17:00 pm
More information can be found in the conference agenda and concept note below.