Monday, September 11th
14.00 Welcome and introductions - Facilitated by Sarah Davidson (British Red Cross) and Sarah Kate van der Walt (IFRC PS Centre)
15.00 Keynote address: Wietse Tol. Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Humanitarian Crises: Consensus-Based Research Priorities for 2021-2030.
Q&A facilitated by Sarah Harrison (IFRC PS Centre)
16.15 Panel One - Facilitated by Ferdinand Garoff (Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare)
- Rebecca Horn: Reviewing and promoting MHPSS research in the RCRC Movement with a repository “how to” toolkit.
- Ganna Goloktionova: Mental health and psychosocial support in Ukraine during the war. Desk review.
16.45 Reflections and wrap up
Tuesday, September 12th
09.30 Welcome back and introduction to the day
09.45 Workshop: Children and youth across different contexts - Facilitated by Sarah Kate van der Walt (IFRC PS Centre)
- Deepali Pavagadhi and Ashley Nemiro: Wellbeing of Yazidi children in the aftermath of the 2014 genocide.
- Barnabas John: Addressing ambiguous loss in Yola, Northeast, Nigeria.
- Bethan McEvoy and Kateryna Kryklia: Community based psychosocial activities for children in Ukraine.
- Hamed Seddighi: The impact of small-scale, continuous emergencies on children's psychosocial well-being.
10.45 Discussion: Identifying overlapping themes and implications for practice
11.45 Panel Two - Facilitated by Jessica Lambert (Dignity Denmark)
- Jacqueline Ndlovu: Journey to Scale - SH+ 360: Scaling up an evidence-based mental health intervention.
- Ida Andersen: ICRC MHPSS programmes for persons affected by violence: Retrospective cohort studies of 12,000 service users in Africa.
13.45 Workshop: Migration and refugees - Facilitated by Ida Andersen (ICRC)
- Marie Høgh Thøgersen: The development of a multicentre database for research in refugee mental health.
- Viktoria Zöllner and Rilana Stöckli: Sui App – a peer guided digital approach to provide mental health and psychosocial support to enhance the quality of life of refugees in Switzerland.
- Charlotta van Eggermont Arwidson: Experiences of living in collective accommodation centres in Sweden while waiting for asylum.
- Ferdinand Garoff: Mental health screening of newly arrived asylum seeker adults in Finland.
14.45 Discussion: Identifying overlapping themes and implications for practice
15.45 Panel Three - Facilitated by Hamed Seddighi (Red Crescent Society of Iran)
- Reo Morimitsu: Posttraumatic growth among internally displaced persons in Ukraine.
- Maha Elsamahi: “We care for each other": Evidence on the role of social connections and psychosocial support during drought, conflict, and in displacement.
16.45 Reflections on the day and takeaways
Wednesday, September 13th
09.15 Welcome back and introduction to the day
09.30 Panel Four - Facilitated by Sarah Davidson (British Red Cross)
- Frédérique Vallières: Using participatory action research to assess a new supervision model for MHPSS programs in humanitarian contexts.
- Vanessa Yim: The effectiveness and feasibility of psychological interventions for populations under ongoing threat: A systematic review.
- Deepali Pavagadhi, Ashley Nemiro and Maya Bachet: Multisectoral desk review of MHPSS activities and funding in Bangladesh and Palestine.
11.15 Breakout groups: Application of lessons learned
12.00 Reflections and takeaways