This facilitator guide includes five modules with the following learning objectives:
- Defining crisis events and introducing basic concepts of crisis events, psychosocial support, wellbeing and psychosocial support activities.
- Describing common reactions to stress as well as coping strategies and how to support people in stress.
- Outlining the meaning of loss and grief, the impact they have on individuals and families and how to support grieving persons.
- Explaining the principles of psychological first aid (PFA) and to be able to provide PFA to people in distress.
- The participants will be able to explain the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) intervention pyramid as well as describe different kinds of psychosocial support activities, referral systems and self-care.