This Volunteer Manual includes five modules with the following learning objectives:
- Describing the basic concepts of crisis events and psychosocial support
- Describing the common reactions to stress and crisis events as well as coping strategies and how to support people in stress
- Outlining the meaning of loss and grief, the impact they have on individuals and families and how to support grieving persons
- Explaining the principles of psychological first aid (PFA) as well as how to provide PFA to people in distress.
- Explaining how to implement psychosocial support activities using a community-based approach