PowerPoint for Psychological First Aid: Module 3 – Children – Spanish
Home / Resource Library / PowerPoint for Psychological First Aid: Module 3 – Children – Spanish
This is a powerpoint presentation for the training that introduces participants to psychological first aid for children. The activities take between eight to nine hours and can be run over one in one long day or over one-and-a-half days. The training has been developed for staff and volunteers working with psychosocial support for children and those providing direct care and support to children and their caregivers in distress, such as nurses, teachers, social workers, health volunteers or ambulance workers.
It aims to enable participants to:
- know more about children’s reactions to distress
- know what psychological first aid for children is and what it is not
- understand the three action principles of ‘Look, Listen and Link’ in relation to children
- have practised providing PFA to a child and caregiver in distress
- have considered complex reactions and situations
- be aware of the importance of self-care when helping others.