Psychological First Aid: Module 4 – Groups
Home / Resource Library / Psychological First Aid: Module 4 – Groups
This three-day training introduces participants to ‘PFA in Groups – Support to teams.’ It has been developed for trained psychosocial staff or volunteers, team leaders, managers
or others with responsibility for the well-being of teams of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies staff or volunteers.
The training enables participants to:
- assess if a PFA and support meeting is needed
- prepare for a PFA and support meeting
- run a PFA and support meeting
- manage time and facilitate the meeting so everyone feels included
- handle difficult reactions and disclosures
- manage group participation, dynamics and interactions
- promote peer support
- provide PFA to individuals and support to the group at the same time
- know when and how to refer a person for additional help.