PowerPoint: Psychological First Aid: Module 2 – Basic PFA – Spanish
This is a powerpoint presentation for the training on Psychological First Aid Module 2 on Basic PFA.
This training introduces participants to basic psychological first aid (PFA). The activities take between eight to nine hours and can be run in one long day OR over one-and-a-half days. It includes managing complex situations and reactions and guides helpers in selfcare. The training is suitable for all psychosocial staff and volunteers and others providing direct care and support to people in distress.
It aims to enable participants to:
- know more about reactions to distress
- know what psychological first aid is and what it is not
- understand the three action principles of ‘Look, Listen and Link’
- have practised providing PFA to someone in distress
- have considered complex reactions and situations
- be aware of the importance of self-care when helping others.
This training module is one of four on psychological first aid, which accompany a set of materials on psychological first aid. These include an introductory book called A Guide to Psychological First Aid for Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and a small booklet, A Short Introduction to Psychological First Aid for Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.